Frequently Asked Questions
What if I do not have a chronic illness, can you work with me?
Of course! Here are just some of the benefits of visiting a Holistic Nutritionist:
- Improve diet quality and digestion (addressing bloating, gas, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, etc)
- Weight management
- Increase energy levels, and therefore, productivity
- Learn the nutritional approach to acne, obesity, fatigue, colds & influenza, headaches and viral infections
- Strengthen the immune system and overall health
- Learn simple and natural ways to reduce high blood pressure &/or high cholesterol
- Learn how to alkalize your diet and thereby maintain optimal pH balance
- Improve recovery time
- Reduce stress through diet and nutrition
- Adopt an anti-inflammatory diet: understanding inflammation and its role in disease and auto-immunity
- Learn how to make healthy choices when dining out and travelling abroad
- Reduce environmental and chemical stressors
- Seasonal allergies
- Adrenal fatigue
- Gluten sensitivity
- Lactose intolerance
- Eczema, acne, psoriasis
- Candida (yeast), parasites
- Pregnancy and post-partum nutrition
- General health optimization (infant, child, adult, senior)
How many visits will I need?
Every condition is individually evaluated and while some clients may see immediate benefits, others will require more time to reach their goals. Results may vary depending on the onset and severity of the condition and, on the body’s natural healing rate. Generally, the less time that you have had your symptoms or condition, the quicker the response time and the fewer appointments you will need. Normally, with chronic illness, it took the body a while to get sick / unbalanced, and therefore, it can take a while to restore that balance again. It is often recommended to attend every 2 weeks initially, then every 3-4 weeks for follow-ups. I have designed 3 and 6 month long packages for those who require the extra support in order to begin healing their chronic illness.
Does insurance cover your nutritional counselling services?
This will depend on your policy and insurance provider. Some extended health care plans will cover the services that we provide. Please note that we do not provide direct billing to insurance providers. All consultations are paid directly by the client with a receipt provided for services.
What is a "Registered Holistic Nutritionist"?
Registered Holistic Nutritionists (RHN) are professionals trained in natural nutrition and complementary therapies, whose principal function is to educate individuals and groups about the benefits and health impact of optimal nutrition. Through my training at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, I'm qualified to work with clients to identify and help correct the nutritional imbalances and to design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that support good health. My goal as an RHN is to help you make the best possible choices to meet your health needs.
How can a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) help?
Visiting an RHN can help with the prevention and management of disease as they work to slow and reverse the biological processes of aging at the cellular level. You will receive guidance in learning how to make quality, life altering changes in easy to follow steps. With each appointment you will gain a stronger understanding of foods, supplements and their ability to help / hinder your body.
Are you required to carry liability insurance?
Yes, in order to receive the RHN designation and be registered with the CAHNPro we must carry Liability/Malpractice Insurance.
I have never been to a Holistic Nutritionist before, is there anything I should bring to my initial consultation?
Yes, please bring any medication and/or supplements that you are taking. You should also bring your completed intake forms and food log, which you will receive from me via email.
What type of payment do you accept?
Payments for services can be made by cash, credit card or e-transfer.